New zealand Certificate in Mining and quarrying
(FIRST-LINE SUPERVISION) – SURFACE
$624 excluding GST
get qualified with mito
Designed in consultation with industry, this training programme will provide you with the technical skills and operational knowledge to undertake first-line supervision responsibilities at a workplace within a surface context. With the responsibility for the performance and safety of your team a key concept of the programme, you’ll also acquire the planning and organisational skills to implement work and production schedules.
This training programme includes a mix of practical training and assessment, undertaken in the workplace, and eLearning, allowing you to complete theory elements of the programme at your own pace. You will have access to online learning activities and course assessments, which can be easily accessed at any time and from any device – mobile phone, tablet or PC.
The training programme will lead to the following qualification outcomes:
- Conduct workplace inspections and incident investigations to maintain safety at a mining and quarrying site
- Communicate orally and in writing within the mining and/or quarrying workplace, and complete record-keeping for the mining and quarrying operation on a daily basis
- Apply broad operational and theoretical knowledge of surface mining, quarrying and/or processing to ensure team members can complete a wide range of tasks as required by the operational plan at a surface mining, quarrying and/or processing site
MITO also offers the following National Certificates:
- The National Certificate in Extractive Industries (Mining Administration Surface Extraction B Grade) (Level 5)
- The National Certificate in Extractive Industries (Mining Administration Surface Extraction A Grade) (Level 5)
- The National Certificate in Extractive Industries (Mining Administration B Grade Tunnel Manager) (Level 5). This programme is eligible for two years' free industry training. Click here for details.
- The National Certificate in Extractive Industries (Mining Administration A Grade Tunnel Manager) (Level 6)
The training fee for 2024 will be - $624 (excluding GST and any bulk learner discount). Note this is an annual fee and is non-refundable.
SIGN ME UP!
If you are currently employed in the industry and your employer is able to support you, please contact MITO and we'll organise an appointment to get you enrolled.