MITO ENRICHES LIVES AND INSPIRES FUTURES
MITO is an industry training organisation. We facilitate training for the automotive, transport, logistics, gas, industrial textile fabrication and extractive industries. We work with learners and apprentices, their employers and training providers, to ensure people get the best possible opportunities to learn, and each year, we help thousands of New Zealanders gain the workplace skills they need to succeed.
We are here to
- Arrange training of the highest standards, consistently across New Zealand, for anyone who wants to advance their career in these industries
- Provide apprentices with pathways to qualifications and ongoing learning, empowering them to play a full and rewarding role in our industries
- Attract high-quality people to the industries we serve
- Develop a productive workforce skilled to international standards.
We fulfil our purpose by
- Working with the industries we serve to make sure resources and programmes are up to date and relevant
- Working with employers and polytechnics to facilitate the delivery of practical and theory training to apprentices
- Visiting apprentices and employers regularly to review progress and offer assistance and advice
- Arranging all assessment of apprentices' achievements
- Arranging for apprentices' achievements to be recorded on their NZQA Record of Achievement (ROA)
- Administering the moderation process which makes sure assessments meet the required standards
- Promoting both careers and training within our industries.
Enriching lives and inspiring futures.