Driving Unit Standards Review Consultation
MITO is currently reviewing several driving unit standards. The unit standards under review cover a range of core driving, and specialist driving knowledge and skills.
The unit standard changes were prompted by feedback received from industry members. MITO convened a group of SMEs from the driving industry to prepare consultation drafts of the unit standards.
This is now the opportunity to ensure the standards are fit for purpose for the current and future requirements of industry.
The review has resulted in consultation draft standards for the following:
- Eight reviewed unit standards:
- Some changes to content have been made which now reflect current practice.
- MITO is confident that people credited with the new or old version are comparable in terms of the skills and knowledge gained.
- Two new unit standards to suit specific contexts.
1734 v8 draft PDF - 146 KB 17676 v5 draft PDF - 139 KB 17678 v4 draft PDF - 140 KB 17976 v4 draft PDF - 145 KB 17977 v4 draft PDF - 136 KB 17978 v4 draft PDF - 139 KB 20620 v4 draft PDF - 136 KB 20848 v2 draft PDF - 144 KB 4WD River Crossing v1 PDF - 139 KB
1734 v8 draft PDF - 146 KB 17676 v5 draft PDF - 139 KB 17678 v4 draft PDF - 140 KB
17976 v4 draft PDF - 145 KB 17977 v4 draft PDF - 136 KB 17978 v4 draft PDF - 139 KB
20620 v4 draft PDF - 136 KB 20848 v2 draft PDF - 144 KB 4WD River Crossing v1 PDF - 139 KB
MITO welcomes your feedback on the reviewed unit standards.
You can provide feedback by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback closes at 4pm Tuesday 13 November.
Once industry consultation closes, MITO will:
- Consider and incorporate feedback in to the draft unit standards
- Submit an application to NZQA for approval and listing of the reviewed unit standards
Once the reviewed unit standards are approved and listed by NZQA, MITO will begin the process of updating its related learning and assessment materials.
Thank you for taking the time to participate in this unit standard review.