WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
To future proof the success of New Zealand's automotive workforce, MITO has worked with automotive industry associations to develop a Workforce Development Strategy that provides a framework for the automotive industry to plan its workforce development priorities over the next 5-10 years.
The strategy describes the automotive industry’s operational context by highlighting factors that will continue to influence the current and future shape of the automotive industry. It presents a number of goals underpinned by aspirational strategies that aim to support the skill development priorities over the next 5–10 years and will:
- promote career pathways that encourage participation and retention in the automotive industry
- attract a sufficient supply of talent to meet industry requirements
- build on existing skill-sets to enhance management and leadership within industry
- support skill development necessary to meet future technological requirements; and
- support skills utilisation in a workplace setting.