SUPPORT FOR THOSE AFFECTED BY CYCLONE GABRIELLE
We want to acknowledge that Cyclone Gabrielle has had a massive impact on areas of the North Island and many people nationwide. This event has caused major damage to peoples' homes and livelihoods and our thoughts go out to everyone affected.
Many businesses have come to a halt as they undergo recovery from the storm and the MITO team is available to support you in whatever capacity we can offer.
We have ordered a supply of devices for any learners that have lost their laptop/tablet to the cyclone. Please make contact with your Training Advisor as soon as possible or call 0800 88 21 21 and we will organise a replacement for you.
We are also reviewing what other support we can offer our employers and learners. More to follow on this.
Government support is available to anyone in the affected areas. The following links may be useful:
- Civil Defence Live Updates
- Civil Defence Relief Payments and Support
- Government’s $50m Relief Fund Explained
- Work and Income Support
Mayoral Relief Funds open for applications for assistance:
- Central Hawke's Bay Mayoral Relief Fund
- Hawke’s Bay Disaster Relief Fund
- Kaipara District Mayoral Relief Fund
- Tairāwhiti Mayoral Relief Fund
- Tararua District Mayoral Relief Fund
- Thames-Coromandel District Council Relief Fund
- Wairarapa Mayoral Relief Fund
Please continue to stay safe, heed any advice from the experts, and let us know if there is anything we can do to support you, your team, and your families.