New Zealand Certificate in Non-Hydrocarbon Drilling
3 and 4
2½ to 3 Years
$475 excluding GST
get qualified with mito
Designed in consultation with industry, this training programme will provide you with the required core skills and knowledge to work as a driller under broad supervision in all sectors of the non-hydrocarbon drilling industry. It provides the perfect career pathway for those starting out in the drilling industry to progress to more senior roles.
This flexible training programme is adaptable to a variety of drilling environments. The programme includes a mix of practical training and assessment, undertaken in the workplace, and theory learning and assessment, allowing you to complete theory elements of the programme at your own pace.
This programme is eligible for two years' free industry training. Click here for details.
The training programme will lead to the following qualification outcomes:
- Participate in risk assessment to work safely in a drilling workplace, including workplace health, safety and environmental requirements
- Use introductory knowledge of the drilling system(s) and processes applicable to a particular drilling environment, to assist with drilling activities under supervision, using relevant mathematics where required
- Assist in safely moving equipment about the drilling site under supervision
- Communicate effectively in a drilling environment
- Apply risk assessment procedures, and workplace health and safety and environmental procedures
- Co-ordinate and apply emergency response
- Select appropriate drilling methodologies, systems and processes for specific drilling environment(s)
- Operate and monitor drilling systems and processes, monitor hole condition, and respond to down hole problems in a drilling environment
- Move drill rig and associated equipment to safely meet workplace requirements
- Interpret and apply client/contract specifications to safely meet operational targets
- Provide mentoring and on-job training to drill crew
- Communicate with clients, internal staff and the general public as required to meet relevant workplace policies and procedures
- Lead reporting on drilling operations.
The training fee for 2024 will be - $475 (excluding GST). This is an annual fee and is non-refundable.
SIGN ME UP!
If you’re employed in this industry and you're interested in enrolling in this programme, please contact MITO.