Small Engine Mechanic Apprenticeship
- Varied projects to keep you challenged
- Work with truly aspirational brands
- Our family company is growing - join us!
To buy STIHL equipment from a STIHL SHOP Retailer is to buy a total package of product and service. We carry not only products, but spare parts and accessories, and have workshop staff trained by STIHL technicians. In this way, consistent, expert service is built into every product sold. It is this commitment to the customer and the product in both pre-delivery and after sales service that positions STIHL so strongly in the market.
We are a proud company, and our product range in the Mount Maunganui store includes STIHL, Masport, Rover, Hansa, Cub Cadet, and Honda. We're looking to hire an apprentice, to join our team as a Small Engine Mechanic.
As our newest Small Engine Mechanic, you will join a high-performing, passionate and mature team of individuals, and a store that has a proud history servicing the local community. This is a full-time role, and our business operates Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm and Saturdays 8.30am – 2pm. There will be a requirement to work some Saturdays (this is to be discussed with the preferred candidate as to how it will work to suit both the business and the person).
In the summer months, this provides a huge opportunity for a wonderful work to life balance.
- You are very mechanically minded individual, whether it's fixing cars, pulling apart or re-building engines. You're good with your hands, and want to turn it into a rewarding career. This is where we come in, we'll train you to become the best Small Engine Mechanic around!
- You have a great level of customer service
- You are always on time
- You love to learn and you enjoy working with others
- You'll be repairing, maintaining, and servicing our range of equipment, with genuine and quality spare parts.
What is in it for you?
Backed by our parent company STIHL NZ, we receive top of the line technical training for our mechanics, to ensure that we not only are able to provide technical advice to our customers, but understand how the products we sell work so we can repair or maintain them!
You'll get a competitive hourly rate, time to study, great hands-on experience and will be working with a really great team of people.
Sound like you? Get in touch today!