Service Technician / Diesel Mechanic
Employer:AB Equipment Limited
Join New Zealand’s market leader in construction, materials handling, forestry and environmental equipment in Nelson.
About your new company:
Originally established in Christchurch as Andrews & Beaven in 1878, AB Equipment now brings New Zealand world-class material handling, construction and forestry equipment brands including Toyota, BT, Tigercat, Sumitomo, Doosan, Bobcat, Sakai, Manitou, Vermeer and more. Our customer-centric teams provide 24/7 industry leading sales and support for these world class brands. With a solid network of 18 branches right across NZ, we deliver sales, service and parts for all our new, used and rental machinery.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Work vehicle
- Opportunity to work with market leading products
- Medical and life insurance benefits
- Good team culture!
About your new role:
We are looking for an experienced Service Technician or Diesel Mechanic to join our team. From forestry to forklifts you will have a diverse range of equipment to maintain. Your key responsibility will be workshop and field work to assist in the repair and maintenance of our customer’s equipment. Organisational skills are paramount in this role and you will understand the value of providing exceptional customer service. (All potential candidates will be considered).
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Fully qualified and familiar with current engine, transmission and hydraulic systems
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of electronic/electrical circuits and systems
- Customer service focused with a team player, can-do attitude
- Current full driver licence, preferably with wheels, tracks and rollers and class 2
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
If you are legally entitled to work in New Zealand, have a positive attitude, are pro-active and want to work for a company that cares about its people and its customers, apply now! at https://www.abequipment.co.nz/careers/
For further information on the role, contact Glen Jarvie, details below.