Employer:Bridgestone New Zealand
Fixed Term - 6 Months
We have an immediate opportunity for an mechanic, experienced in servicing and certifying cars, confident with customers, and have got a bit of an entrepreneurial spirit, responsible for providing in-store mechanical services and recognising sales opportunities.
As a global leading tyre brand, we're trusted by thousands of Kiwis up and down the country. We've built that reputation through teamwork and first-class service, and those are at the core of this role.
Everything we do is for our customers. Without their trust and our teams' hard work, we wouldn't be where we are today. We want to celebrate and reward that, so we give performance bonuses that are tied to the success of the team and the store. Your team's success is Bridgestone's success, and it's our way of making sure you share it.
You'll get a competitive hourly rate and a standard Monday - Friday work week.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working with customers
- Warrant of Fitness (WOF) checks
- Automotive servicing: oil and filter, spark plugs, braking and clutch fluid and automatic transmission fluid changes
- Mechanical repairs
- Identifying sales opportunities.
- Be Trade cert qualified
- Be certified to issue Warrants of Fitness
- Hold a clean and full current NZ driver licence
- Have excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Be computer literate
- Be self-motivated and able to work on a stand-alone basis
- Be able to produce a high standard of work on a variety of makes and models
- Available immediately.
Bridgestone's a company where you'll find lots of opportunity. We've got over 90 sites all over New Zealand, including three re-tread factories, four warehouses, 88 stores and our head office in Auckland. In each one of our locations you'll find a friendly, helpful, and diverse team who work together to go the extra distance for our customers.
Bridgestone is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drug test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
So, what are you waiting for? If you want to be part of a successful team and use your skills to keep your customers happy and satisfied, please apply now through this link.