Junior Installer/Factory hand
Junior Installer/Factory Hand - 2 positions available, one permanent, one until end of March 2020.
We are a long standing family business, and we import quality European awning parts and put them together in our factory in Panmure. We carry out canvas fabrication, upholstery type work (covering frames not furniture), welding, design and installation - there are lots of things to learn and places to go. Every day is different, and we have a great friendly team.
Reports to: Production Manager
Direct reports: Nil
- Installation of awnings, drop curtains, and shade sails with Installation team leader
- Assembly of lateral arm awnings and drop curtains
- Collection and delivery of powder coating and galvanising
- Collection and delivery of materials and supplies as required
- Stripping of lateral arm and fixed frame awnings where required
- Dispatch trade orders ex factory
- Restocking shelves when product is received in store
- Monitoring of stock levels – notify the Production Manager when running low
- Wearing personal protective equipment when required
- Recording the time taken on a job on the job progress folder
- Recording all incidents in the health and safety register
- Quality control of all products prior to leaving the factory
- Using safe practice when using ladders and heavy lifting
- Keeping dispatch and assembly area clean and tidy
- Other work as may be required from time to time.
- Dispatch trade orders ex factory within 2 working days and 5 days for kitsets where product is available
- Prompt return to the factory when collecting/dropping off
- Labelling product that is collected
- Careful handling of products to ensure no damage
- Installations completed to a high standard.
- Be strong and physically fit
- Be honest and reliable
- Some knowledge of tools, including drills and hand tools
- Comfortable working at height.