Forklift technician or apprentice
Employer:Forklift Sales & Service LTD
Forklift Sales & Service Ltd has been looking after the Materials Handling requirements in the Taranaki region for over 20 years. In that time, we have grown considerably and now have a purpose-built workshop to meet our customers’ demands. We offer on-site / off-site servicing as required.
We service and repair material handling equipment that includes mainly forklifts but also battery electric equipment and vehicles.
About the job:
We are looking for a new apprentice to join our team. Once the successful applicant has proven themself, they will be enrolled in an apprenticeship with MITO.
- Permanent Full Time, with a guaranteed minimum of 40 hours a week.
- Apprenticeship in Materials handling equipment or Auto electrical
- Brand specific training on the equipment that we are a dealer for.
- Once trained a service vehicle will be provided and kitted out for you to perform your tasks out on sites.
- Workshop and onsite repairs and maintenance on equipment
Applicants need to have:
- Health and safety conscious
- Self-motivated and confident so you can engage with our customers and their operators
- Good technical and diagnostic skills with good knowledge of electrical systems
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- At least NZ restricted car licence (prefer full)
- Clean driving record
- Confident on computers and mobile apps
- NZ citizen
- Non-smoker and non-vapist
- Transportation to and from work
Benefits we provide:
- Tidy new workshop. Less than 1 year old
- Guaranteed full time employment of at least 40 hours per week
- Time and a half for work over 40 hours
- Full kitchen with food provided for smoko and lunches
- Family-owned business where we care about our staff and their family.
If you are interested please contact David on the details below.