Employer:Racetech Manufacturing Ltd
We're looking for a Factory Manager to join our Racetech Manufacturing Ltd team in Wellington.
- Be part of a NZ success story
- Fast paced and varied role within a close-knit team
- Work in the industry you love.
Porsche, Aston Martin, V8 Supercars, British Touring Cars, World Rallycross. What do they have in common? Racetech Race Car seats! We’re proud of our world renowned, top quality Race Car seats and our team who design and produce them.
This role offers the opportunity to:
- Lead the factory team developing a culture of productivity, quality and continuous improvement
- Manage day-to-day production
- Support productive development.
We’re looking for someone that has hands on technical composite experience as well as a proven track record managing a production team. We know there isn’t a heap of these people out there so we are happy to discuss supporting you if you’re considering relocating for this role.
About the role:
- Develop a culture of productivity, quality and continuous improvement
- Plan and organise production schedules, re-negotiating when necessary
- Oversee production processes addressing issues as they arise to ensure minimum impact on production schedule, supervising the work of staff at all levels of experience
- Purchase materials, liaising with suppliers, buyers and sales staff
- Organise the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Ensure that staff are continuously advancing their skills
- Assess project and resource requirements
- Ensure that health, safety and dangerous goods handling regulations are met.
You’ll enjoy a fast-paced energetic environment. You’re a natural leader that is proactive and calm under pressure. You’ll be approachable and have excellent communication skills. You’ll balance short-term and long-term priorities.
Essential training, skills and experience:
- New Zealand Certificate in Composites (Level 4)
- Minimum 4 years experience as a Composite Laminator or Composite Technician
- Minimum 4 years experience in Process Control and or Management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Analytical ability and problem solving (root cause analysis, process improvements & corrective actions)
- Great time management and priority setting
- Strong interpersonal skills and supervisory experience to motivate and encourage factory staff
- An ability to work to deadlines while providing a high standard of quality, stock control and factory efficiency
- Must have a full, clean NZ driver licence.
To find out more about this position, or to submit your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if you want to discuss this opportunity and we’ll give you a call.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.