Employer:Nelson Truck Repairs & Spares Ltd
Nelson Truck Repairs & Spares Ltd requires a Diesel Technician to join our workshop which is run on family values.
The role involves servicing and repairing a wide range of trucks, trailers and light commercial vehicles, including forklifts and other vehicles such as cars, vans, motor homes, buses and earthwork equipment.
This is a permanent full time role.
DO YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES?
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Meticulous in all aspects of your work
- Focused on workplace health and safety
- Honest, hardworking and have most of your own tools (some supplied)
- A mature ‘people’ person – someone who has a fantastic sense of humor
- Willing to work every 3rd Saturday morning.
We are an 8am – 5pm business. However, we need someone who understands the pressure on the transport industry so you must be willing to exceed expectations to get our customers back on the road.
DO YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS?
- You will need at least 3 years experience (e.g. 3rd year apprentice) as we need someone with knowledge and who wants to continue growing and learning while working on the tools
- Have at least a clean class 1 driver licence and be willing to gain up to Class 5 licence with our help
- Have excellent housekeeping disciplines and time management.
We operate a drug free workplace and have annual health and well-being check-ups. Pre-Employment drug testing will be required.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you're looking to work and learn somewhere awesome, give us a ring today!
Apply now for this role or get more information by emailing Kay, details below.