Diesel Mechanic - Greerton / Tauranga
Employer:NZ Bus Ltd
NZ Bus provides public transport services for Bay of Plenty Regional Council (Baybus) here in Tauranga (we also operate in Auckland and Wellington).
You will be working as part of a team in a well appointed workshop servicing and repairing the company's buses. This includes preparing buses for their COF inspections, unit exchanges (including fixing gearboxes and re-lining brakes), compressor and airbrake systems, transmission setting and checking along with the diagnosis and repair of electrical faults. We have a great team at our Greerton site and no two days are the same!
What's in it for you:
- We'll train you to get your Class 2 with our in-house training school
- Permanent, full time role with weekly pay
- Work for New Zealand's largest urban public transport business
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities
- Great Location in our Greerton depot, Tauranga
- To be trade qualified (NZQA certified) or an experienced Diesel Mechanic
- Preferably with some Voith and Allison gearbox fitting/repair experience
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of how maintenance systems function.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, this role involves working on an afternoon shift, primarily for 5 days a week and on occasions some weekend and/or public holiday work may be required.
We are looking for a real hands-on, 'can do' person. You enjoy teamwork and autonomy, have good communication skills and take pride in a job well done. You like to work hard but like to make work fun!
If you enjoy working as part of a busy team then apply today! For any questions please call the Recruitment Team on 0800 287 374
Applications will close once suitable application is selected.
Applicants must have legal entitlement to work full time in New Zealand. We will not be considering overseas applicants at this time.