Diesel Mechanic & Mechanic (with engineering experience)
Employer:Doug Hood Mining Ltd
About the roles:
Two permanent, full-time positions in our Stockton Mine Workshop and Westport Workshop, both based on a 5-on 2-off roster with some Saturday work as required.
Focused on maximising fleet availability for a busy contract mining operation.
- An excellent range of work on core mining plant
- Competitive wage rates for the right people
- Ongoing training and development
- Being part of a friendly, supportive and committed team.
Requirements for the roles:
- Qualified Mechanic & Mechanic with engineering experience, both with proven experience working on multiple OEM heavy plant and equipment including Caterpillar, Hitachi, Komatsu, Volvo
- Recently qualified tradespeople will be considered
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Ability to work as part of a high performing team including a proven health and safety focus
- NZTA licence - class 2 minimum with W & T endorsements
- Excellent attendance record
- Drug and alcohol free
- Must plan to reside in Westport
- Able to currently live and work in New Zealand.
About Doug Hood Mining Ltd:
With a history of large mining, quarrying and civil engineering projects we know what it takes to achieve a productive fleet, engaged workers and solid safety and work practices as a team.
We have a strong maintenance culture based on the need to work productively and independently on remote sites.