Day Store Supervisor
Want to work for a large New Zealand business? Looking for the next step in your career?
Grow your career with us!
Do you get a buzz out of making a difference?
Are you hard to rattle, and enjoy the pace of a fast environment?
Our employer is a company that operates in excess of 80 large units plus a host of ancillary equipment, which makes the company one of the largest independent operators in the transport industry.
As our Day Store Supervisor, you will oversee the day store team and wash team to accomplish the following:
- Providing an effective and efficient local and line haul cartage and/or freight movement service to clients as required
- Ensure legislative compliance within areas of expertise
- To undertake associated administration and general support to the company as required
- To provide responsive resource support
- To ensure associated equipment is well maintained and fully operational at all times
- To maintain effective working relationships with team members and customers
- To assist with the need to monitor workplace health & safety and risks and to minimize or eliminate these risks where possible and in consultation with the Depot Manager and team.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- A current forklift license
- Excellent customer service
- The ability to supervise and coordinate staff
- The ability to work under pressure
- Must have experience with both short and long forks
- Good basic administrative skills
- Competent level of written and verbal communication skills.
This means you'll need to multitask, juggle priorities and personalities to deliver the work requirements. You get a buzz from being busy, you're a quick learner and you have demonstrated that you're accurate and reliable. You'll also have a good command of the Microsoft Office suite - and ideally the use of transport or similar software.
You'll be passionate about delivering great customer service, enjoy solving problems, and be strong on attention to detail. You'll understand the importance of following systems, processes, and policies, and knowing who's who. Along with this, you are a strong communicator and team player, who stays calm and is resilient when the pressure gets turned up.
So, if this sounds like the place and position for you, apply now here!
Just a couple of things worth a mention:
- Due to the fast nature of the business, apply as soon as possible
- We will only consider applications from people currently residing in New Zealand who have the right to work in the country.