Baytex is a leading designer and manufacturer of marquees, commercial tents, glamping tents, alloy framed structures, tensile membrane canopies and lining systems. With over 50 years’ experience throughout Australia, New Zealand, The Pacific, USA, UK and Europe, Baytex has built an international reputation for quality, simplicity and design innovation.
Based in Mount Maunganui we offer a state of the art production facility, with a close-knit team who enjoy working in a fast-paced production environment. We are looking for a fit, strong and experienced Canvas/PVC tradesperson to work in our marquee production team, reporting to the marquee floor supervisor.
You will be hardworking, energetic and flexible while working with a team of diverse individuals, so you will have the ability to relate to people on all levels and from all walks of life. You will be mature and respectful of your peers.
For this role, you will need to have excellent time management skills and be able to work toward and deliver on deadlines.
Ideally you will possess the following attributes:
- Qualification in canvas/pvc fabrication and experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- Highly motivated, professional with a positive outlook
- The ability to interpret CAD fabrication drawings and work order specifications
- Experience in, but not limited to, using manual/automated industrial sewing machines, hot wedge, hot air or high frequency welder equipment
- Experience with an automated fabric plotter/cutter would be an advantage.
Although normal working hours would be Monday to Friday, 7:30 to 16:00, you need to be flexible and willing to work outside of these hours when needed. This might include some Saturday-mornings, from time to time.
If you have the experience and attributes we are looking for and would like to be part of a company that is renowned for its innovative designs, quality finishes and have won numerous awards, we would like to invite you to apply today!
Please note: This is a permanent fulltime role and only candidates with a valid work visa, NZ Residency or Citizenship will be considered. Interested parties can apply by sending a resume and cover letter to attention: Katie Webber – Production manager, details below.