Employer:Fullers Group Limited
Unifying the Hauraki Gulf by bringing together friends and whanau, supporting communities and businesses, opening up treasured destinations and sharing our local taonga
About the role:
The Waiheke Bus Company operates commuter and tourist bus services on Waiheke Island, with the maintenance team providing maintenance services to our fleet of buses to ensure availability, reliability, and safety to a high standard of repair, in compliance with regulatory authorities and inspections. Our current fleet is diesel and we welcome entering exciting times with Electric Buses joining our urban fleet later this year.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A full clean driver licence is essential - Class 2 or 4 licence preferable, however assistance to gain a class 2 licence can be provided for the right candidate
- Hold a relevant diesel mechanic qualification
- Electric Vehicle (EV) qualifications, knowledge and experience are a real bonus, however training can be provided for the right candidate
- At least 5 years experience as a large vehicle mechanic
- Have a positive attitude & a good work ethic
- A strong awareness of health and safety
- Adaptable personality and willingness to take on new challenges
- This role requires excellent communication skills and a team orientated approach to your work.
- Based on Waiheke Island is preferable but someone based in Auckland Central could be considered.
Our Company Values:
- Welcoming - There’s nothing we love more than being able to call the Hauraki Gulf home. But sharing it with others comes pretty close
- Restless - We’re hungry for innovation and excellence and always on the look-out for The Better Way
- Safe & Shipshape - Our operations run like clockwork, so we can look after those on board
- Straight up - We say what we mean, and we do what we say
- Owning it - We’re an efficient team and rely on each other. And people rely on us for a seamless experience. Let’s not let them down.
As an organisation, we encourage our people to always treat others with respect, to act with integrity, to be open and trustworthy, and to use good judgment. Our people work hard, approach problems as challenges and learn from their successes as well as their failures. We’re friendly and welcoming, and the pride of being a part of our Fullers360 team radiates through our people and shows in their enthusiasm for everything they do!
Fullers offer many benefits including free leisure travel on our services!
If this sounds like your next opportunity, apply online today, and include a tailored cover letter letting us know why you are the best fit for the role.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Please note: Any information you provide will be used to evaluate your suitability to this position. We will hold onto your details for any future opportunities unless asked otherwise.