Employer:Smart Auto Shop
Smart Auto Shop is a specialised auto repairer to all makes and models of passenger and light commercial vehicles and is one of the best-equipped body shops and compliance centers in Auckland.
We are an MTA assured, CRA approved repairer and AA approved repairer specialising in compliance, repair certification, rust treatment, mechanical diagnostics and repairs, panel and paint.
Our success and growth are the result of teamwork, dedication, quality of service and care we provide to our customers.
We are constantly improving our workshop by implementing the latest technology, processes and equipment.
We use only quality products and all repair work is performed to the highest industry standards.
- General service, maintenance and repairs: brake system, suspension, steering, engine, transmission etc.
- All mechanical repairs associated with entry certification/compliance
- Assist in diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical faults in passenger and light commercial vehicles
- Assist in repair certification and sandblasting departments
- Share experience, knowledge, and expertise with the team members
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with colleagues, suppliers, contractors, and customers
- Actively contribute to ongoing innovation by making suggestions for improvement and embracing change.
Required experience, skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of continuous experience in service/maintenance, repairing and troubleshooting passenger and light commercial vehicles (experience in entry certification/compliance would be an advantage)
- Relevant trade qualification, preferably NZ (or the ability to prove competency and experience)
- Solid mechanical knowledge base
- Experience in petrol and diesel engines
- Class 1 Full Driver Licence (essential)
- Strong work ethics and quality workmanship
- Strong commitment to health and safety guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written command of English
- A motivated and driven ‘Make it Happen’ attitude
- Clean professional appearance and positive manner
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
- Must have clean criminal record (Police checks may apply).
- Good knowledge of automotive workshop machinery and equipment (mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, etc.)
- Solid technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting ability
- Ability to think on your feet and find solutions to complex technical problems
- To be a “team player”
- European vehicle experience would be an advantage.
Remuneration: based on qualification and experience.
Hours: 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday with occasional overtime available.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
To apply, send your CV to Vasya, details below.