Automotive Parts Apprentice
Employer:Energy City Ford
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Parts Apprentice in our New Plymouth branch. If you are keen to learn about a fast-paced industry with a large and varied product range, this position may be for you.
We are a company that values honesty and integrity in all of our dealings between our staff and with our customers. It's not just about being able to do the job well but also about bringing a positive attitude that enhances everybody else's ability to do their jobs too.
Key duties include:
- Parts sales and invoicing
- Answering customer enquiries and assisting them to identify the correct part(s) for their particular make, model and age of vehicle
- Ordering and picking parts to fulfil workshop, trade and retail customer orders
- Receiving, checking, storing and counting parts
- Following up on back-orders, parts returns, credit requests and warranty claims as required.
We're looking for someone with a positive attitude, sense of humour and the ability to fit in with and complement our existing staff and team environment as we like our workplace to be both high performing and enjoyable.
Our ideal applicant will possess the following attributes:
- A keen willingness to learn about the automotive trade
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Computer literate: can use standard office systems and learn specialised dealer software
- Ability to plan, organise and meet deadlines
- Thorough, accurate and reliable
- Positive, flexible and "can-do" attitude
- Possess problem solving skills and time management skills
- A commitment to positive behaviour that enhances the company's operation/reputation
- A full driver licence and can drive manual vehicles
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For more information or to apply, send your CV to Rob, details below.