Apprentice Service Technician
Employer:Fosters Outdoor Power Equipment Ltd (Trading As Stihl Shop Fosters)
Stihl Shop Fosters specialise in the sales and service of outdoor power equipment. We are currently seeking a self-motivated, hard working individual to join our team based at our Blenheim Road store as an Apprentice Service Technician.
You would complete the New Zealand Certificate in Outdoor Power Equipment (Level 3 and 4) through MITO. This training programme which is free includes a mix of practical training and assessment, undertaken in the workplace, and eLearning. It is expected that you would complete your apprenticeship within three and a half to four years.
You will be exposed to a huge range of equipment that our technicians work on, assisting our highly skilled technicians servicing ride on mowers, outdoor power equipment and contracting equipment. You will also be required to talk to our customers and take details of repair work to be done as well as organising parts. You will have interaction with our customers over the phone and face to face and may at times be required to help out with customer enquiries and sales in our showroom.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- To be a NZ citizen or permanent resident
- You will have a sound schooling background showing strengths in Maths and English
- You will be a positive and motivated individual that has a history of committing to something, be it school, a sports team or some sort of project
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- A “can do” attitude and eagerness to achieve
- Serious about achieving a qualification and starting a career – willing to complete the required training and assessments
- Passion for the industry.
We offer a well equipped workshop, ongoing training, an excellent team environment and the opportunity to work for a highly successful and rewarding family owned business.
If you take pride in your work, have the ability to work unsupervised, are well presented, looking for full time work while you complete your apprenticeship and available to work every second Saturday from 9.30am to 3pm, then please forward your covering letter and CV to: S.Foster@stihlshopchristchurch.co.nz
To be eligible for this position you must have the legal right to work permanently in this country.