Apprentice Service Technician
Employer:AB Equipment Limited
Join New Zealand’s market leader in construction, materials handling, forestry and environmental equipment in North Harbour!
Do you have mechanical aptitude, are you a practical person who likes pulling mechanical things to bits to see how they work, then figuring out how to put things back together again? We are looking for a hardworking, dedicated and determined person to start as an Apprentice Service Technician with a company backed by strong leadership, an experienced team and a stable of premium products from around the world. AB Equipment are a market leader in construction, materials handling and environmental equipment and are looking for a new team player to join our after sales team in delivering exceptional customer care standards.
Originally established in Christchurch as Andrews & Beaven in 1878, AB Equipment now brings New Zealand world-class material handling, construction and forestry equipment brands including Toyota, BT, Tigercat, Sumitomo, Doosan, Bobcat, Sakai, Manitou, Vermeer and more. Our customer-centric teams provide 24/7 industry leading sales and support for these world class brands. With a solid network of 18 branches right across NZ, we deliver sales, service and parts for all our new, used and rental machinery.
What you'll get in return:
- Support and development to ensure you successfully complete your apprenticeship
- Opportunities to progress within the business and grow your career
- Good team culture.
Our North Harbour branch is looking for an applicant who meets the following:
- You will have a sound schooling background showing strengths in Maths, English and/or Mechanical Engineering
- You will be a positive and motivated individual that has a history of committing to something, be it school, a sports team or some sort of project
- Physically fit, keen and hardworking
- Willing to learn and available to work flexible hours as required
- Serious about achieving a trade qualification and starting a career – willing to sit the required unit standards to complete a New Zealand Certificate
- Committed to 3 – 4 years study while you work
- Have a restricted or full driver licence
- Applicants with an automotive pre-trade/entry level course would be advantageous
- All applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Take the first step in becoming part of the AB Equipment team and apply now here!
For further information on the role, contact Warren, details below.