Apprentice Parts Salesperson
We're looking for an Apprentice Parts Salesperson to join our team. The role will involve the following:
- Create a positive first impression
- Display products professionally
- Maintain ‘housekeeping’
- Acknowledge customers and put them at ease
- Introduce yourself to customers
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers.
- Perform Parts Salesperson duties as required by the Parts Manager
- Approach and welcome customers
- Ask open questions
- Listen to response from customer
- Identify and clarify specific needs for the customer
- Conduct research if necessary
- Initiate calls
- Confirm product description
- Explain the product’s features and benefits, including price and availability information
- Pick and provide the part that meets the customer’s needs
- Handle objections and reassure customers where necessary
- Offer related items.
- Review and amend forecasts
- Order parts from Norwood or other suppliers
- Update system and receipt stock
- Unpack parts, check, charge out and despatch to customers (or shelve)
- Control inventory levels, checking quantities regularly
- Carry out regular stocktakes.
- Control parts administration, ensuring paperwork in progress is kept to a minimum and that supplier invoices are passed to administration team
- Process parts returns from service vehicles
- Confirm details, especially phone numbers
- Generate invoices and update system
- Receipt payments and thank customers
- Package parts and arrange couriers
- Confirm despatch to other Hubs
- Action uncollected goods.
- Keep customers informed (eg. of delivery)
- Gain customer feedback and act on it
- Liaise with sales team when necessary for any parts they may need
- Liaise with the workshop staff and help them out as required.
Health & Safety:
- Take responsibility for your own work environment, identify hazards and risks and ensure they are reported
- Notify your manager and record any accidents and/or near misses you, or others in your care, are involved in, as soon as possible following the event
- Ensure protective clothing and safety equipment provided is worn at all times as appropriate to your current working situation and is in good working order
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Contributing to the Dealership Team:
- Display behaviours consistent with the Company Values
- Foster harmony and open communication
- Maintain positive relationships
- Share problems
- Resolve conflicts
- Acknowledge effort
- Maximise customer satisfaction
- Achieve objectives.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Deane, details below.