Apprentice Diesel Technician
Employer:IVECO Trucks New Zealand
IVECO Trucks New Zealand is the importer and distributor of IVECO light, medium, and heavy commercial vehicles for the NZ market.
We are now looking for a diesel technician in the first year of their apprenticeship to join our team. We are happy to support you through the rest of your apprenticeship until you are qualified.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Adjust and reline brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Raise trucks and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists safely
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analysers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
- Repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as oil seals and gaskets
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges in order to diagnose malfunctions
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install vehicle accessories
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery
- Disassemble engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units with skilled tradesmen
- Breakdown technician responsibilities as required, with appropriate allowances as per set arrangements once sufficiently and appropriately experienced
- Maintain workshop tools, equipment and facilities as directed by management
- Ad hoc tasks as directed by management.
If you're interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter through to Lauren.email@example.com details below.