Apprentice Automotive Technician
Employer:Morrison Diesel/CoolCar Onehunga
Trainee light vehicle mechanic needed to join our reputable workshop in Onehunga.
As well as supporting you in your training as a general automotive technician you will have opportunities for specialist learning in the areas of 'light' diesel (cars, vans, 4x4s and light trucks) and vehicle air conditioning. We are a value-centred, family-run company and pride ourselves on the quality of our work and customer service. We are ready to support an individual who is thoroughly committed to achieving the goal of becoming a qualified mechanic.
Requirements for this role:
- Have completed Level 3 Light Automotive Engineering
- You love cars and have gained experience of working on these in your own time
- Hardworking and physically fit
- Strong technical 'smarts' (the ability to investigate and understand how things work and can be repaired)
- Competent in Maths and able to communicate clearly in both spoken and written English
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges
- Committed to 2-3 years study while you work
- A superb work ethic (excellent attendance, punctuality and willingness to undertake a variety of tasks)
- Polite, friendly and a team player
- A restricted or full driver licence (Note - if a younger applicant does not yet have one this would be required as soon as possible)
- All applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
At Morrison Diesel/CoolCar Onehunga we receive a wide variety of vehicles, both petrol and diesel and ranging from classic to brand new. As well as offering complete mechanical repairs and servicing we are sought after for our specialist work in diesel (light vehicles only). Furthermore as members of the industry leading CoolCar group we offer specialist services in vehicle AC repairs. As a trainee with us you can expect a rounded and thorough grounding in mechanical knowledge as well as gaining experience in our specialist areas.
To apply for this position please send your CV with a covering letter to Miles, details below. Please also feel free to contact us for further information. No contact from recruiting agencies, thank you.