what is WORK inspiration?
Work Inspiration is an employer-led work exploration programme creating inspiring work experiences for 13-18 year old students. Employers open their doors to students – showcasing the roles and opportunities that exist in their workplace and industry.
Work Inspiration benefits everyone. Employers have the opportunity to attract young people into their industry and students are inspired to explore and think about industry roles and career pathways. Work inspiration:
- Provides you with an opportunity to meet future talent
- Gives you a platform through which to showcase the range of career opportunities available within your industry
- Enables you to mentor young people and share stories of your own career pathway, which can lead to more authentic and enduring connections with secondary schools
- Builds brand awareness through being involved in the programme
- Development opportunity with Careers New Zealand advisers on how to approach career development in the workplace.
how doeS it work?
Work Inspiration can be tailored to suit your work environment and industry. You’ll have a small group of students spending around three days in your workplace, experiencing the roles and career pathways you have to offer. It will be exciting, hands on, fun and inspiring for everyone.
The Work Inspiration team will support you to plan, organise and deliver the three step programme.
- Students working through a personality quiz with the employer to help them discover their talents, passions and interests
- Employer introducing students to their business to give them insights about the opportunities available and what it’s like to work in the industry
- Employees talking to students about their career journeys to build the students’ confidence and show them how diverse working life can be.
how do i get involved?
If you are keen to register for Work Inspiration visit workinspiration.nz.