Unit standard 5784
Describe factors in determining, and draw, a workplace layout in the motor body industry
Version 5; Level 5; 4 credits
This is an elective unit standard for the Collision Repair strand of the National Certificate in Motor Industry (Advanced Technical) (Level 5).
Download full details of unit standard 5784.
What is this unit standard about?
This theory unit standard is for people who have management responsibility in the motor body industry.
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- describe factors in determining a vehicle body shop workplace layout
- draw a vehicle body shop workplace layout.
Should I have completed any other unit standards first?
How will this unit standard be assessed?
You will be required to:
- prove your theory knowledge of factors determining a vehicle body shop workplace layout, including legislation, shop efficiency, and budget
- draw a vehicle body shop layout, showing how you have met all requirements.
This will involve completing a case study.
Special tools and equipment or range of work required
Supporting resources for this unit standard can be found on your ATech® Resources CD. The following links may also be useful:
a. Building Your Dream Shop
b. Breathing Easy
a. Building Act 2004
b. Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996
c. Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992
d. Resource Management Act 1991
e. Spray Coating Regulations 1962
3. ISO (International Standards Organisation)