Unit standard 21081
Adapt work processes to new technology in the motor and related industries
Version 1; Level 5; 4 credits
This is a core elective unit standard for the National Certificate in Motor Industry (Advanced Technical) (Level 5).
Download full details of unit standard 21081.
What is this unit standard about?
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- investigate the nature of new technology in the motor and related industries
- modify existing work processes and procedures.
Should I have completed any other unit standards first?
How will this unit standard be assessed?
You will be required to:
- investigate the nature of new technology in the motor and related industries and attend training sessions relating to it
- analyse the impact of new technology to identify its importance to the company and its effect on current processes
- report your findings to management
- modify existing work processes and procedures to incorporate new technology planning, efficient introduction, and staff training.
This will involve completing the following types of assessment:
- case study
- workplace exemplar
- workplace report.
Special tools and equipment or range of work required
Supporting resources for this unit standard can be found on your ATech® Resources CD. The following links may also be useful:
1. CNET.com - for new technology reviews