MITO is the NZ Motor Industry Training Organisation (Inc). We facilitate training for New Zealand's motor, industrial textile fabrication, road transport, warehousing and logistics, passenger service, and stevedoring and ports industries. We set standards for these industries through national qualifications. We provide leadership regarding skill and training needs for the industries and promote career pathways for people who work or want to work in the industries.
We work with apprentices, their employers, and training providers to make sure people in the industries we serve get the best possible opportunities to learn - and accelerate their careers!
We are here to:
- arrange training of the highest standards, consistently across New Zealand, for anyone who wants to advance their career in these industries
provide apprentices with pathways to qualifications and ongoing learning, empowering them to play a full and rewarding role in our industries
attract high-quality people to our industries
- develop a productive workforce skilled to international standards.
Some of the things we do to fulfil our purpose are:
- work with the industries we serve to make sure our qualifications, resources and programmes are up to date and relevant
- work with employers and polytechnics to deliver practical and theory training to apprentices
- visit apprentices and employers regularly to review progress and offer assistance and advice
- arrange all assessment of apprentices' achievements
- arrange for apprentices' achievements to be recorded on the National Qualifications Framework
- administer the moderation process which makes sure assessments meet the required standards
- promote both careers and training within the industries.
MITO is committed to providing the best possible support and services to our customers.
If you believe we haven't achieved this, our Complaint Policy and Procedure is available for your information.